Who we are:
Smartronix is a U.S. based, highly regarded information technology (IT) and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Systems Integration, Worldwide C5ISR and Data Analytics, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Maryland, Smartronix has more than 10 operating offices with approximately 800 employees at strategic locations worldwide. Across today’s demanding and ever-changing technology and warfare landscapes, we continue to provide innovative, secure, and agile solutions that transform and modernize operations and contribute to our national security and well-being.
Who Are Our Employees?
Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company’s ever-growing success. Committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, Smartronix is structured around the programs and technologies we support to provide optimal and seamless operations. Due to our talented workforce, we have maintained a reputation for excellence, helping to assure the missions of our Department of Defense, Public Sector, Fortune 1000, and other Government and commercial customers.
Who we are looking for:
The PRDC IA Ops Automation Engineer will provide sustainment of the automation information assurance solutions for Department of Defense (DoD) networks and communication systems. The PRDC IA Ops Automation Engineer will support UNIX/Linux operating systems through vulnerability detection, provision of resources, and maintenance of OS patches and releases for platform applications such as (but not limited to) Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7, Solaris 11, and additional UNIX/Linux Operating Systems. The analyst will conduct and assist with the performance of security risk assessments of systems and equipment using DISA security technical implementation guidance (STIG), perform monthly vulnerability assessments using automated system configurations tools, and assist with the completion of technical scans on technologies such as RHEL 7 and Solaris 11 database and application servers. The analyst will create technical documentation, network diagrams, inventory control documentation, security documentation, and RMF artifacts to support the accreditation process initiatives.
The IA Ops Automation Engineers responsibilities will include:
* Serve as the primary Information Assurance Automation Engineer for Patuxent River Data Center (UNIX/Linux operating systems).
* Perform validation analysis, testing, and acceptance of enhancements presented by Special Projects and System Engineering group.
* Provide input, solutions, and interpretation of customer related requirements, issues, and concerns.
* Ensure that existing automation playbooks are maintained and updated in accordance with DISA STIG updates.
* Complete STIG Checklists using scripting and automation
* Attend collaboration meetings to address STIG/SCAP discrepancies Required Skills
* Detail-oriented and able to work multiple assignments autonomously and in a team setting
* Skills in Automation and Configuration Management Technologies – Red Hat Satellite Server, Bash Scripting, Puppet, Ansible, are desired.
* Proficient with clear and concise verbal and written communication
* Experience with UNIX/LINUX operating systems such as RHEL 7 and Solaris 11
* Knowledge of NIST guidelines
* RMF knowledge is desired
* Knowledge of DoD Information Assurance practices, including Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG)
* Experience with Linux/Windows STIGs and IA artifact collection is preferred.
* Must be able to interact with peers, management, and senior engineers in a constantly evolving environment to ensure a positive customer experience and atmosphere in the workplace Required Experience
* Experience with Ansible, Ansible Tower, or other Automation Tools regarding configuration management, system baseline/system hardening, and system deployment.
* Experience with UNIX/Linux, Sun Solaris 11 (UNIX), Red Hat 7, and Windows 2012/2016 Operating Systems.
* Experience in DoD Information Assurance/Cyber policy and procedures to include hardening of systems, implementing Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and scanning
* 3+ Years of general IT experience with 1+ year(s) of automation experience is required. Level of Education 2 Year Degree Travel Requirements No Travel Required Clearance Level Required 04.
Secret US Citizenship Required Yes Category Information Technology.
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
- View & Apply : Read More