Fundamentals of Numeric Computing
Final Term TEST
Please read the following instruction very carefully before answering any questions:
- Please read all the questions very carefully.
- Please provide your answers in the boxes below each question, and do not change the text colour.
- Your answer MUST show the solution procedure. There is no credit if you only state the final answer.
- Please highlight your final answer to each question.
- Please keep the naming conventions requested in this lab and each question.
- Once you complete your lab, rename your word document file to the (CPAN112_FinalExam_FirstName_LastName). Replace FirstName and LastName with your first name and last name, respectively.
It will be a 10% mark deduction if you do not follow the guidelines mentioned above.
Please show you work using formula’s applied, concept learned and explanation, do not just write the final answer. Feel free to use Python as tool and attach the screenshots.
- A Dining Set is listed for $550.00 less 125/6% (20 5/6%), 10%, 8%
- What is the net price?
- How much is the amount of discount allowed?
- What is the equivalent single rate of discount that was allowed?
|a.) $360.53 || b.) $189.47 || c.) 34.59%|
- The ABC Company received a $959 invoice with terms 3/15, n/30. The firm could not pay the entire bill within ten days but sent a check for $400 within the first 15 days. What amount should be credited to the ABC Company.
- What rate of interest did you receive over a period of 80 days if your principal was $7000 and it has a maturity value of $7700?
Interest = Principle x Rate x Time
7700-7000 = 7000 x R x 80 / 365
700 = 7000 x R x 0.22
700/7000*0.22 = R
0.4545 = R
|Rate of Interest = 45.45%|
- A loan payment of $2100 was due 60 days ago and another payment of $2200 is due 45 days from now. What single payment 90 days from now will pay off the two obligation if interest is to be 11% and the agreed focal date is 90 days from now?
|Simgle Payment = $4426.07|
- A debt of $6020 is to be settled by two equal payments due today, and three years from now respectively. Determine the size of the equal payments if money is worth 9.73% and the agreed focal day is today.
- To what future value will a principal of $8000.00 amount in three years at 7.5% p.a.compounded:
- Fred started RSP plan for his kid on January 1, 2020, with a deposit of $1000. He added $2000 on January 1, 2021, and $3000 on January 1, 2022. What is the accumulated value of his RSP account on July 1, 2022, if interest is 10.55% compounded quarterly?